Please send your answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your assignment as Care Magical Pets – Assignment 3. Remember to include your HOL Name, HOL ID and House at the top of your e-mail, and please don’t send your homework as an attachment. Thank you!!!
FINAL DUE DATE: January 15th, 2018
DIRECTIONS: Below you will find a series of exercises with a different amount of points. Please choose your own combination in order to earn 30 points of assignment and, if you wish, 30 points of extra credit. I can’t award you more than that, so only the first 30 or 60 points (depending if you are sending extra credit or not) will be graded.
Multiple Choice (10 points)
1. In which century were cats believed to be witches’ pets? a) 15th century b) 16th century c) 17th century d) 18th century
2. Why in some places of Scotland people wouldn’t address important issues if a cat was in the room? a) They feared the cat would attack them. b) They feared the cat would lick them. c) They feared the cat would transform into a witch. d) They feared the cat would talk about it with a witch.
3. Who was Nicholas Remy? a) A very powerful wizard. b) A judge that led many witch trials. c) A lawyer who defended a witch. d) A healer from St. Mungo’s Hospital.
4. Who was seen flying over a big black cat, and looking for venoms and magical herbs? a) The black evil witch of Fraddam. b) The pink nice witch of Fraddam. c) The purple evil witch of Fraddam. d) The blue nice witch of Fraddam.
5. In ancient Egypt, how were cats treated? a) Very well, they were worshiped. b) They were just like any other animal. c) Bad, they didn’t like them. d) Very bad, they killed them.
6. How was Bastet, the Egyptian goddess of fertility, represented? a) With the body of a cat and the head of a woman. b) With the body of a tiger and the head of a cat. c) With the body of a woman and the head of a tiger. d) With the body of a woman and the head of a cat.
7. Cats have an excellent night vision and their eyes can reflect light. These characteristics made Egyptians believe that cats could do what? a) Read the minds b) See the future. c) Both, a and b. d) Neither of them.
8. If a cat passes a paw over its ears… a) It will be sunny. b) It will rain. c) It will snow. d) It will be cloudy.
9. Cats “suck the breath” of… a) Dogs. b) Mice. c) Babies. d) Wizards.
10. If a cat sneezes three times… a) You will have a lucky day. b) You will have an unlucky day. c) Everybody in the house will be healthy. d) Everybody in the house will catch a cold.
True or False (10 points)
1. Most cats will need a scratching post to shape their claws. 2. The most common type of foods that are sold are dry kibble and canned wet food. 3. Cats should be bathed every single day. 4. Indoor cats may only seek for a chair or pillow in a quiet room. 5. Distemper is a disorder in which the cat’s body is unable to produce insulin. 6. You should feed your cat with table scraps. 7. Rabies symptoms include depression, lethargy, loss of appetite, convulsions, and paralysis. 8. Crookshanks has big yellow eyes, dust-colored fur, and skeletal body. 9. Salem Spellman appeared in the T.V. show “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch”. 10. Garfield was born in the kitchen of Mama Leone’s Italian Restaurant.
Discussion (10 points)
Please answer the following:
In my experience, cats are animals that you either love or hate, few times there is a middle point between love and hate. Why do you think is that? What makes a cat annoying? Or, on the other hand, what makes a cat so adorable? Which is your posture about cats?
There is no right or wrong answer, just please explain the reasons behind your wishes. At least 100 words for full marks. Please post your answer in the correct thread in our Class Forum.(Click to go to the forum!)
Research (20 points)
In the lesson we learned of some famous cats. In no less than 150 words, write about any other famous cat that you know. This should be easier than researching a toad or frog!!! It can come from a book, tale, movie, T.V. show, or anywhere else. Please include the source(s) where you got your information.
Coloring (20 points)
Have fun and make pretty this coloring page! You may do it using any computer program, or if you prefer, print the image and color it by hand! Please do not send your work as an attachment, submit it to an image hosting site like Photobucket, and then send me the link to your picture.
Puzzle (20 points)
Read the story "The Master Cat" by Charles Perrault, which you can found here: http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/perrault04.html When you are done, solve the following crossword puzzle! In your homework just send me the answers please . I don't think it is difficult, but the questions are very specific, so read the story carefully!
Art Project (30 points)
After reading Charles Perrault’s The Master Cat, please choose the scene that you liked the most from the story and make a depiction of it. It can be a drawing, a graphic, a sculpture, a photograph, or any other mean of art that you can think of, just make sure it is your own work. Please do not send your work as an attachment, submit it to an image hosting site like Photobucket, and then send me the link to your picture.
Creative Writing (30 points)
If you prefer writing, then, in at least 300 words, retell me the story of The Master Cat but now from the point of view of the miller's son or "Marquis of Carabas". That means that now he must be the main character.